Byam Shaw School of Art
The School was founded in 1910 by John Liston Byam Shaw (1872-1919) and Rex Vicat Cole (1833-1893) at Campden Hill in Kensington, and was originally called the Byam Shaw and Vicat Cole School of Art. One of its most influential teachers in its early days was F. E. Jackson, who was principal from 1926-40. Other teachers included Eleanor Fortescue-Brickdale. Over the years, it prospered as a highly successful independent art school, and is now known as the Byam Shaw School of Art with status as a fine art foundation and degree college. In 1990 the School moved to a larger building in Archway, north London. In 2003 Byam Shaw School of Art became part of Central Saint Martins College of Art & Design within the London Institute.